Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fir Cone Lace Shell



Last but not least, I am actually making something for myself! This was inspired by my friend Melissa's idea of knitting a nice shell to wear under a suit or with a skirt for work. I came upon this beautiful Vermont Fiber Arts pattern (one of my favorite designers, all patterns cover PLUS SIZES!). Then I got some wonderful pale sage green Debbie Bliss pure silk yarn, and I think it will be beautiful when finished. Of course I may be retired by then and not need work clothes....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Designs Kelly

Aunt Melissa said...

Beautiful. I can't wait to see you in this. The design is exquisite. Update on my shell... I completed my first cables! I'm so pleased, it was much easier than I imagined. Perhaps the next time we meet, we can wear our shells! =) by the way, I met my favorite knitting blogger Crazy Aunt Purl yesterday and she admired the cables in my shell, too. =)