Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sophia's Baptism Gown


This is my new niece Sophia in the gown I made for her Baptism. It is a Leisure Arts leaflet, now out of print, I think. I like long baptism gowns that cascade over the arm of the person holding the baby, so I added two extra flounces to the bottom of the original pattern. I also changed the sleeves to be flared angel sleeves instead of short puffed sleeves, because we didn't know if Sophia would be a boy or a girl! The details aren't terribly clear in this photo, I'll post a new one as the baby pictures are distributed.



2 comments:

Aunt Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! She is an ANGEL!!! Today, as I finally have time to actually closely look at your work I realize this is the actual Angel wearing the gown. Upon first glance last week, I thought she was a doll.

Aunt Melissa said...

I ran out of space in first comment. I don't think I'll ever forget the panic you experienced with the Crystal Light and this gown. It is absolutely beautiful. You are so great at creating beautiful things... it must all come from within because you, my friend are beautiful.